Friday, May 30, 2008

J.O.B


We moved to CA because Jeff got a new job here. He is working for a company called Biomet doing medical device sales. It's a pretty cool job. He gets to go into the O.R. for surgeries and show the doctors how to use equipment and devices. So stuff like amputations, C-sections, open heart surgery, all just daily routine for him. It's some pretty gnarley stuff. The only gucher is that he has to wake up at 4:00 a.m. about 3 days a week and a late day would be like 6:00 a.m. He has been working his butt off! Hang in there babe!




I, on the other hand, have been cruuiiisin the past couple of months. I've been working for Mesa Airlines doing accounting and when we moved they decided to give me a laptop and keep me on board. So basically I had free flight benefits, full salary, a couple hours of work to do a week, and no supervision. You tell me what's going to happen. So I have been working in bed, catching up on my tan (I needed it!), cruising to Vegas, St. George, and Bountiful, hanging out with old friends, going to the gym, cooking, shopping... it has been amazing! So anyway today is my last day (bye bye flight benefits) and on Monday I start a new job.


I'll be working for a CPA firm, doing auditing and advisory work. I'm pretty nervous, because I've never done that stuff before, but it's a really good job, a really good company, and everyone I've met there so far has been really cool. So we'll see how it goes!

6 comments:

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

You have earned half pipe privileges cause you helped push my car down the street in your flip flops.

That's cool to read about Wu's job. My brother actually engineers similar devices that Wu sells. What a fun field to be in. And good luck with your job. I hope you have someone to sit by in the cafeteria during lunch. Just be yourself and they'll love you!!

hee hee

Brittanny said...

Hey guys...This is EVE, I just wanted to say hi and congratulations on everything that is going on with you. I'm so glad to hear you both are doing so well. Its crazy its been years since I have seen ether of you guys.

Quick update on me: Married to Shane, bought a house in Orem UT, Had a baby, named him Tausilinu'u (Tau for short) and he is actually turning ONE next week. CRAZY!

If you want to say hi, email me at brittannybabs@yahoo.com

Brittanny AKA Eve

Smiths said...

I also love west elm... but can't really afford it. I was stoked to find some of their stuff at DownEast Home! Yeah cheap stuff.

I'm comforted to know that you took it easy for a couple months... you are one of the hardest working people I know. Good luck at the job!

Briana said...

Eliza, I found your link on Marcus & Cheryl's blog. I'm glad that you and Jeff were finally able to get to CA. It sounds like you're doing great!

Mind if I add your blog link to ours so Eric can check in on you guys periodically? He's always curious to know what little Jeffrey's up to. :)

~Bri

Heather Ashby said...

Hey! I love finding blogs :) ours is samlovesheather.blogspot.com
So happy to find you guys.<3 Heather

AmberlyGreen said...

Hey girl, good luck with the new job! We miss you guys