Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Girls Day Out

Forget lunch, shopping, and pedicures. The babies had something else in mind. And as you can see, they were pretty stoked about it.

I'm pretty sure she weighs a hundred pounds. We had a little picnic on a big rock in the river. It involved a lot of baby food. Some diaper changing. And the moms sharing a PB&J. We do it classy. We made it to the waterfall this year. Last year, not so much. We were pregnant. And no, my arm is not really that big. It's an optical illusion.
The leaning over one side was not helping my comfort level.
Nothin' like takin a snooze in the middle of the hike. That's just how B rolls.
And we even had enough gas to get home! Although I would have loved to get stuck in the wilderness for hours with two high maintenance chicks and an empty bottle of formula! Next year check the gas light C! And maybe we'll even have some more little dudes to bring along. A Kelty Kids Pack in the back, a Bjorn in the front. I could totally do it.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

fun!! you girls look all outdoorsey! weird...my invite must have got lost in the mail... :)

Court and Tim said...

Wait! I'm not really that big either, it's an optical illusion (I'll just keep telling myself that). Complain about the gas, but have we ever run out? No...not yet. These kids are so legit with their picnic on the rock in the river! Good times.

Unknown said...

i like your style!