Thursday, October 15, 2009

Beans + Cheese = Crazy Delicious!

This is our new favorite thing! I found it on Heather's blog, which always has good stuff on it. You have to try it!

WHITE CHILI

  • 2 Tbs. olive oil
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
  • 1 - 4 oz can chopped green chilies
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 tsp. cumin
  • 1 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 4 chicken breats, cooked and shredded
  • 5 cups chicken broth
  • 3 - 16 oz cans of white beans, undrained
  • 3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (Pepper Jack is even better!)

Directions:
Saute onions, green chilies and garlic in olive oil and add spices. Combine beans, broth, and chicken with onion mixture. Stir over medium heat and gradually add the grated jack cheese. Stir until all cheese is melted and combined well with other ingredients. Heat to desired temperature. *I would halve it if you are only cooking for 2 people, but don't halve the spices!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I like crunching tortilla chips over the top too!

Court and Tim said...

Your just trying to prove that you're a Domestic Technician now! Does this mean I have to make it myself now?

Laura Howard said...

I'm totally stealing this recipe.

Briana said...

It's been forever since I've checked out your blog. Congratulations on your baby girl...so precious! And thanks for sharing a great recipe. I'm eager to try it.