Saturday, July 25, 2009

After 4 Special


It's been a loooong time since me and Jeff have had a date at Subway and actually dined in. But last night we finally did and it brought back a lot of memories.

In case you didn't have the priviledge of living there - you wouldn't know that Subway was the only place to eat in Laie, Hawaii back in the day. If you got sick of eating there 8 times a week - too bad - don't even think about going to Taco Bell! I'm talking back in the day before they re-did it (and before they tried to turn it into Red Robin - worst idea ever!) when all the tables and chairs were neon yellow....

I miss our 4 hour long family dinners, when "the crew" took over half of the tables and posted a chill.

Last night wasn't quite the same.... first of all Jeff didn't have to take his shirt off....and second of all we got a meatball sub! Everyone knows that you can't get a hot sub with the after 4 special - some people want to slit my wrists for even saying it! But I don't care... worth it!

And the whole shirt thing.... something about the Laie Subway.... it has this smell.... that just lingers.... If you went to Subway that day, people knew about it. So Jeff refused to wear a clean shirt in there. Luckily "no shirt, no shoes, no problem brah!"

5 comments:

Alicia said...

lol...my dear sweet pregnant eliza...i love how you lust over subway...

j,d and little b said...

atleast you have the after 4 special! I am so bummed they took it away from us :( but we still do eat subway everday which doubles our laundry!
P.S. can you e-mail me your address... we have something from baby wellman! jonnalov@yahoo.com

Brittanny said...

Ya, I remember the smell very well. Try working there. Even after you washed your clothes you still smelled like it. Oh but I do miss subway. Just not She-man Kathy. I am very glad to never see her again.

krissymay said...

good times brah!

Heather Ashby said...

Ha too true. I miss it.